Friday, June 19, 2009

Library!

B''H
I am now a member of the Morristown Public Library!! For some magical reason the guy behind the desk decided that I was believable enough that I lived in Morristown to give me a card! I spent like 3 or more hours there! I ended up checking out a book recommended by someone whose opinion hold great sway with myself, "The Blue Sword", A memoir of a Persian boy sent to study abroad during the Islamic Revolution, and a History of the Medici family in Florence. Of course I'm not going to be doing a huge amount of reading of secular stuff whilst I am in yeshiva, but to engross yourself in something without occasionally coming up for air is to drown yourself. I look forward to the day when I can breathe underwater. I hope everyone has a Good shabbos, and I will definitely be wishing I was attending the coolest poetry reading in town!

6 comments:

Just like a guy said...

mazel tov.

Sebastion said...

well I thought it was exciting.

e said...

yeah, getting a public library card is an important thing to do whenever you move somewhere. In Kharkov I had a kharkov library card, but it was next to worthless. You can't take books out of the library, and you gotta fill out mounds of paperwork (in Ukrainian, mind you, not Russian) just to be able to read the books in the library.

enjoy!

bonne said...

cute, mazel tov.

Altie said...

ooo u missed out last nite.

but congrats on getting a library card. must be as cool as getting a green card.

Anonymous said...

i get ur wish to urself about breathing underwater and i think a great way to get there is to start with coming up for air and careful consideration and consultation, too. write more